Your mosquito abatement program does these things:
- Assists landowners and agencies in eliminating mosquito sources and managing mosquito-breeding areas within the District, to reduce mosquitoes to a tolerable and healthful level.
- Responds to public complaints of mosquitoes in the District and determines the source of the problem.
- Provides mosquitofish free of charge (April – October only).
- Monitors mosquito populations and mosquito-borne diseases using sampling, service requests, traps and sentinel chicken flocks.
- Provides emergency control of larval (immature) mosquitoes until long-term preventative measures can be taken.
- Provides information to the public about mosquitoes, mosquito-borne disease and insects.
- Yellowjacket control
- Tick information, identification and disease surveillance
- Rodent inspection, advice, disease surveillance